The error statement:Your Connection is Not Private Error In Chrome: Your Connection is Not Private or NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error appears because of the SSL error. SSL (secure sockets layer) is used by the Websites to keep all the information you enter on their pages private and secure.
If you are getting the SSL error NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID or NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error in your Google Chrome browser, this is the right place for you because we will find the root cause as well as solve this problem. This happens when your Operating System prevents your browser from getting access to any other website due to privacy and security issues.
People have been running into this error a lot of times and most of the times, the problem is the date and time settings. There is a transport layer security which will not allow the website to be connected if the time stamps are far away from each other. There is a threshold to where you can set the system time.
The error could state :
‘Your connection is not private in Chrome (NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID) or NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID is the most common error you are going to face in google chrome, so let’s see what’s it all about. Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.co.in (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID’
‘Your clock is behind
A private connection to www.google.co.in can’t be established because your computer’s date and time (Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 5:53:55 PM) are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID’
We have compiled a guide which should easily be able to solve all the issues you are facing related to your network connection. All the fixes are collected from a number of sources which are totally legit and working. Different computer use different configurations and that is that reason there is no global fix to this. Make sure that you try each and every fix so that you will be able to find the fix which is specific to your configuration.
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
3 Easy Fixes for Your Connection is Not Private Error
Fix 1: Change the date and time settings
- Open the Date and Time settings by using the taskbar
- Click on the option to Set Automatically and enable it
- If you are not on Windows 10, click on the Change Settings option and use the Sync option which will help your time be in sync with the internet time server.
- You can select the ‘time.windows.com’ server and click on the Update Now button.
- Make sure all the changes are applied and restart the Chrome browser application.
If the Your Connection is Not Private Error fix did not work, make sure you jump on to the next guide so that you can find the root cause of this problem and easily solve it.
Fix 2: Clear all the data and cache in your browser
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Click on the menu option beside the address bar and open up Settings
- Click on the Advanced Settings button and Clear all the browsing data
- Make sure you select ‘The beginning of time‘ so that the data is cleared up immediately
- Restart the Google Chrome application and this should be able to solve the Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Error
Fix 3: Remove Extensions
In case you are not using any extensions that you installed in your browser, make sure that you do remove them because they might be causing a conflict with your internet connection settings. Especially disable the VPN extensions in case they are enabled and try to connect again. To find and delete the extensions which you do not use, follow the steps below :
- Open the Google Chrome browser and click on the menu icon beside the address bar.
- Click the Settings button and then open up the Extensions tab
- You will now be able to delete all the extensions which you are not using.
- After doing so, reopen your Chrome browser to check if the Your Connection is Not Private Error fix has worked.
This is the best guide you can use in order to solve the connection errors in chrome. Make sure that you follow all the steps listed under the fixes to be able to solve the ‘your connection is not private error’ in google chrome in a hassle free way. We hope that this guide helps you out. Good luck.