The Windows store is one of the most important parts of the Windows operating system. There are loads of people who prefer to download useful applications so that they can make their life more convenient as well as entertaining. They specifically prefer the Windows store to download their applications because it is a trusted store without any trace of malicious activity.
There are cases where the users will be unable to open up the Microsoft Windows store and this will limit their productivity. There have been loads of people who have reported the Windows Store Won’t Open problem even when they try to open the application multiple times. The root cause can be corrupted essential files, network connection problems, proxies, dns and many more.
We have compiled this guide in order to help the users who are facing this issue, solve this Windows Store Won’t Open problem and for our regular readers to know more about troubleshooting different kinds of problems. There are various fixes we have compiled here using a lot of sources so that you do not need to jump from one website to another in order to solve this error.
Different computers have different configurations and that is the reason that the root causes might differ and there is no global solution to this problem. Therefore, you should make sure that you try each and every fix listed below in order to find the root cause of your situation.
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
3 Easy Fixes for Windows Store Won’t Open Issue
Fix 1: Change Calendar Settings
- Open up the Date and Time settings by clicking the appropriate icon on the taskbar
- Click on the option which says ‘Set Time Automatically’ if you are using the Windows 10 Operating System
- If you are using some other operating system the click on the option that states ‘Internet Time’ and enable the option to automatically synchronize with internet time
- In the server selection part, use the time.windows.com server and click the button to Update
- Make sure the changes are applied and check if the Windows store can’t open issue is gone.
- If the issue does not go away, try to reboot the computer and check again just in case
There is a chance that the Windows store won’t open issue will still persist, and in that case, make sure that you jump to the next fix in order to find the root cause of this problem
Fix 2: Change Proxy Settings
Sometimes, it is the Proxy settings that might be causing the problem Windows store can’t open and that is the reason this step should be mandatory performed in order to rule out the possibility.
- Press the Start + R buttons in order to open up the Run dialog
- Type the command: inetcpl.cpl and press the Enter button in order to open up the Internet Properties
- In the Connections menu, click on LAN settings
- Now, you might see that there is a label called Proxy Server and it might be enabled in most of the cases, you will need to disable that option in this case by unchecking the radio button next to the Proxy Server tag.
- You should also enable the Automatically Detect Settings option.
Make sure that all the changes have been applied and the Windows store can’t open issue should be fixed.
In case you are still not able to open up the Windows store then make sure that you jump on to the next fix so that you can find the root cause for your system configuration.
Fix 3: Change Domain Name System Server settings
- Press the Start + X buttons and open up the Control Panel
- Click on the option that says Network and Internet
- Open the Network and Sharing Center and click the option to Change the Adapter Settings
- Right click the network that you are currently using on that device and click on the Properties menu
- Highlight the IPV4 and click on the Properties button in order to proceed with the next step of setting the custom DNS servers.
- Set the preferred and alternate DNS servers to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
This should be able to fix the Windows Store Won’t Open issue
We have stated the best options which are required in order to fix the windows store not accessible error. Make sure that you follow all the steps which are listed under the fixes in order to solve your problems. We hope that this guide helps you regain access to the Windows store services once again and you can download and update any application you want. Good luck.