- 1 FIX Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings :
- 1.1 Fix 1: Check Proxy Server Settings
- 1.2 Fix 2: Reset TCP/IP
- 1.3 Fix 3: Uninstall Antivirus Software
- 1.4 Fix 4: Use System Restore
- 1.5 Fix 5: Perform SFC Scan
- 1.6 Fix 6: Reset Internet Settings
- 1.7 Fix 7: Restart Network Adapter
- 1.8 Fix 8: Enable Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically
- 1.9 Fix 9: Run Network Troubleshooter
- 1.10 Related Posts
This is a prevalent issue that many users face while using the internet and watching videos. Every Operating system has some problems. But along with the problems, the solutions too can be derived. Here we have few beneficial solutions to help you fix the Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings error.
FIX Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings :
Fix 1: Check Proxy Server Settings
- Firstly, you need to disable the proxy server on Internet Explorer.
- Press Windows + R together and launch Run dialogue box.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
- Click on Connections and then click on the LAN settings button.
- Check on Automatically detect settings.
Fix 2: Reset TCP/IP
- Press Windows + X Key from and then select Power Shell (Admin) from appeared menu.
- When Command Prompt is open, type ‘netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt’.
- Now, the code will be executed.
- Finally, restart the computer to check if the issue is resolved.
If you are still facing problems with your computer, and you are willing to avoid the problem totally, then you must go for other solutions. The next solution may help you in your case.
Fix 3: Uninstall Antivirus Software
If you are using a computer and especially connecting it to the Internet, then there is always a fear of viruses. The Viruses can corrupt your system’s file, and then ultimately you suffer. Therefore, the use of antivirus software becomes mandatory. But sometimes they may cause an issue when it comes to detecting the network’s proxy settings.
Here, you can uninstall the antivirus from your computer. Obviously, this will not be good if you use your PC without antivirus, though Windows 10 comes with windows defender that is also great. After uninstalling that, check for the issue whether it is solved or not. After that, install some other antivirus different from your previous one.
Fix 4: Use System Restore
Many times when a user installs any new application or modifying the network settings, the system starts showing the error message that ‘Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings’. Here ‘System Restore’ trick works amazing –
- Press Windows + S Key and type System Restore there.
- Select Create a restore point from the list.
- Now, in System Properties window, click on System Restore button.
- The System Restore window will appear, click on Next.
- If Show additional restore points option is available, check, select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Now, follow the given instructions to complete the process
Fix 5: Perform SFC Scan
The issue of ‘Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings’ can be raised by the files corruption. The different sources of the problem need different approaches to resolve. Follow the steps for this case –
- Press Windows + X Key from and then select Command Prompt (Admin) from appeared menu.
- Now type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Thus the SFC scan will start. This scanning process may take a while, so do not interrupt it.
In case you are unable to run SFC scan, try for DISM scan. Here you need to enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in cmd.
Fix 6: Reset Internet Settings
Sometimes you can resolve the issue by merely reset your internet settings. For this purpose, you need to follow the below instructions –
- Press Windows + S Key and type internet options. Now, select Internet Options from the appeared menu.
- Click on Advanced tab and then click on Reset button there.
- Here, you can also clear your data by checking the Delete personal settings.
- You have an optional to Click on Restore advanced settings.
- Click on Apply button and OK button to save changes.
Fix 7: Restart Network Adapter
This is the simplest way to resolve this issue, and you need to follow the below instructions –
- Right-click the network icon at the bottom-right of the screen and then select ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’.
- Check for Change adapter settings from the menu and click.
- Navigate to your network connection, right click there and select Disable.
- Now again right click your network connection and select Enable.
This is a worthy solution. But you need to understand; this is a temporary solution, you will have to repeat the same whenever issues re-occur.
Fix 8: Enable Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically
Many users focus on DNS server address manually, but it is preferred to use automatically to avoid the problem. Follow the instructions to precede the same –
- Open Network and Sharing Center and select Change adapter settings.
- Locate your network connection, then right-click there and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Select the Obtain DNS server address automatically and then click OK to save the changes.
Fix 9: Run Network Troubleshooter
You can solve the issue by merely running the network troubleshooter; you need to follow the below steps –
- Open Settings app and then navigate to Update & security section.
- From the left pane select Troubleshoot and Network Adapter from the right pane.
- Now, click on Run the troubleshooter.
- You need to follow the instructions which are appearing on the screen.
Optionally some users are recommending to run Internet Connections troubleshooter. Therefore, you can try for that too.
Many sources can redirect you to face the issue of Windows could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings. Every individual cause can be solved but with different techniques. The techniques require specific steps that you need to follow consciously. Here is a full guide to serve your need, and even without any trouble. If one solution is not working try for another one, this is going to help you amazingly.