There are a number of users who have important data stored on their computer. They obviously do not want to leave their data without any protection on the drive. That is the reason they have to resort to install a third party security software.
Some of the examples are McAfee, Avast, Bitdefender, etc.
One of the worst problems some users face is not able to get rid of the third party antivirus software once you set it up in the system.
They do not get enough information in the settings menu such as in the programs and features menu and even when the information is present there, there is a good amount of data which is stored in the registry system when the users uninstall using the default methods. If there is residual data left in the system related to the antivirus software, you can conclude that the system still has the antivirus software partially in it.
If you want to get rid of all these problems, you can download an application which is provided by the official McAfee product website itself. It is popularly known as the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) and this will help you remove all the junk residual files which stay when you try to uninstall the antivirus software using normal methods.
We will help you with all the antivirus residual problems you are facing. This guide has been created by the people who have an expertise in this field and we assure you that if you follow all the steps listed below, you will be able to uninstall the McAfee antivirus completely.
There have been cases when people have messed up all the configuration in their computer trying something fancy. We recommend that you do not try something fancy, but in case you want to learn something new, make sure that you have created a backup by creating a system restore point. What this will do is store the data configuration details at that instant and you can simply use the system restore in order to reset all of it in one click.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee antivirus on Windows 10
- Open Control Panel
- Click on the result that says Program and Features
- Search for the term McAfee from the list
- Once you find that, right click on it and click on the uninstall option
- You can now follow the instructions which have been provided to you by the uninstall wizard
- Once you are done, reboot your computer so that all the changes take full effect
- Use this link in order to download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool
- Run the executable file which you downloaded and click on the option that says ‘yes’ in case you are prompted with a warning
- Accept all the terms and conditions and click on the next button
- If there is a captcha verification, type all the terms in the image accurately in order to proceed further and click on the next button
- After all of the McAfee processes have been ended and the removal is completely done, make sure that you reboot your computer in order for the changes to take full effect.
We have compiled these steps in the simplest manner possible so that even an average computer user can follow them. Make sure that you follow each and every step listed here in order to successfully uninstall the McAfee antivirus from your computer and not leave a trace. We hope that this guide helps you. Good luck.