Loads of users of the Google chrome browser have experienced This site can’t be reached error in the browser. ‘This site can’t be reached’ error is one of the most annoying errors a user can face because it will block the users from visiting their desired websites. This will limit the productivity of the user and block the entertainment as well. You do not have to worry though because our guide will help you troubleshoot this error and we will make sure that each and everyone who reads this guide is able to solve it no matter what the situation. This error is because the Domain Name System lookup fails and the IP address connected to the webpage is either invalid or missing. That is the reason ‘This site can’t be reached’ error shows up.
The error statement you received might be something similar to this
This site can’t be reached
www.quora.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
This is actually not a server sided issue even though it might look like one. Don’t be fooled by the warning because this is a problem with the internal DNS system and their configurations. The Domain Name System is used to get the IP address of the website. There might be no data connection or the network might be not configured properly because there is no way that bulk number of websites are down. There might be unresponsiveness in the Domain Name System and there is a slight chance that your antivirus or the Windows firewall is blocking all the incoming data as well as the outgoing data.
The network used everywhere is the TCP/IP one and when there is a problem in the config of the TCP/IP network, there might be a Domain Name System failure error which you face. The Windows client which handles the Domain Name System might be the core reason for this issue. Let us hurry up and fix this annoying issue. We have created one of the most in depth guides which has a number of methods to fix the ‘This site can’t be reached’ error so that we can fix the error which the users are facing in any situation.
4 Fixes for This site can’t be reached Error in Google Chrome
Fix 1: Restart Domain Name System client
- Open up the Run dialog by pressing the Start + R keys
- When the dialog opens up, type services.msc in the dialog and click the Ok button or hit the Enter button so that the Services windows open up
- Search for the DNS(DomainName System) client in the list which has been provided to you
- Right click on that and click the Restart option
- Restart your computer as well.
This method should work for most of the users because the issue is in the DNS client most of the times.
If in case the above fix does not work, go ahead and follow the next method.
Fix 2: Modify DNS Address
- Open up the Start menu
- Open the Control Panel and search for Network and Sharing Center in the search input provided
- Double click the network name which is currently being used on the system
- Click the Properties button
- In the Properties, Search for the IPV4 section and click on Properties after selecting that section
- Change the address to the following: 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
- Click the Validate Settings upon exit radio button in order to enable it
- Press the Ok button and close all the tabs
- Restart your computer
- Check if it worked
If in case the above fix does not work and fix the This site can’t be reached error, go ahead and follow the next method.
Fix 3: Reset IP Settings
- Open up the Start Menu and search for CMD
- If you cannot find it then simply open up the Run dialog by using the Start + r keys
- Type CMD in it and press Enter
- Once the CMD is open then type the commands:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Make sure you use each command one by one and make sure you are pressing the Enter key after typing in each command so that it takes effect.
If in case the above fix does not work, go ahead and follow the next method to fix This site can’t be reached error in Google Chrome.
Fix 4: Uninstall Network drivers
- Open up the Run dialog by using the Start + R key
- Type in devmgmt.msc and press Enter
- In the Network Adapters section, right click the adapter that you are using and click on the Uninstall button, use the Uninstall button again in order to confirm all the modifications
- Right click on that option once more in order to Scan for the Hardware Changes that were made after uninstalling the drivers.
- Restart your computer and your drivers will be back again because the windows os will install them automatically.
The above methods must work perfectly and should fix the issue you are facing. If they do not work, simply contact the one who manages the network which you are running. We hope this guide helps. Good luck!