Server DNS error could not be found error on Google Chrome is an issue faced by loads and loads of Windows users. This is an error which shows up when users update or install a particular version of Windows. The DNS, also known as the Domain Name System is one of the most important aspects of the internet world because without the Domain Name System, we all have to remember the IP addresses of the websites instead and that would turn out to be something ugly. There are misconfigurations which occur due to the Windows update because it has something to do with the network drivers. Most of the times, this issue will occur to the people using the Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 10 versions. There is a slim chance that MAC Operating Systems are also affected by this error.
There are several speculations for these problems, some are:
- The Internet Protocol of the Domain Name System for that website is incorrect and that’s what makes the Domain Name System unresponsive for the browser
- There is a server sided issue, and the Domain Name System is actually not accessible
- There have been some changes in the Internet Protocol in the server sided system and your browser has not updated the values.
If the Domain Name System Service of your Google Chrome browser is not configured correctly or is misconfigured, this error is displayed on the screen of the user and the user will not be able to visit any website. The IP address is responsible for the packet transfers and if the IP address itself is inaccurate then the packets will have nowhere to go, and that will block the internet access altogether because there is no sending end.
In most of the cases there have been, this issue will not block the access to all the websites because not all the Internet Protocols are misconfigured so if the IP address of the website is correctly linked to the DNS, the browser will successfully interpret the destination of the packets and direct those packets through the designated routers.
There is a chance that this problem might also be related to the add ons or extensions that the users have installed on their browser. People have reported that even restarting their computer, removing the add ons or extensions, restarting the wifi modem, updating their browser version cannot resolve the problem.
In some cases there have been reports that Google Chrome was affected by the unwanted software pieces present on the computer, there were adware as well as malware which were responsible for this Server DNS error could not be found issue.
How to Fix Server DNS error could not be found on Google Chrome
Fix 1: Clear the DNS and Host in your browser
- Open the Google Chrome menu
- Click on the new Incognito Window button
- Type chrome://net-internals/#dns in the search bar above
- Use the Clear host cache button to clear all the cache
- Open up the Start menu and search for CMD
- Input the following commands:
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
After you are done with it, just reboot your computer.
Fix 2: Re-configure DNS Settings
- Open the Control Panel
- You can search your Start menu if you don’t know how to find it manually
- Open the Network settings and click on the Change Adapter Settings
- Open the properties of the connection you are using, (lac or wireless)
- Again click the Properties button and open up the General menu
- Use the Obtain DNS Server address automatically and proceed
- In case the automatic option is already selected, use the IP addresses in the custom DNS section
- The IPs will be 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 respectively (preferred and alternate)
- Now restart your computer, restart your router, open your browser and your issues should be vanished
Fix 3: Renew DNS
Input the following commands in your Command Prompt and press Enter after each and every command
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
Restart your Computer and try again
This is the most comprehensive guide which you will come across. All your errors should be solved if you are able to follow this guide. Make sure you do not miss a single step so that you can get a hassle free experience in solving your error. We hope this guide helps. Good luck!