You must have heard about Visual c++ framework. It is an integrated development environment product presented by Microsoft for C, C++, and C++/CLI programming languages. The runtime error R6025 is the one which takes place in the visual c++ framework. A function which is the member function which is redefined in the derived classes, also known as the pure virtual function is called by the visual c++ framework and the circumstances in which it is called causes the R6025 error because the function is not valid at that moment.
The code is incorrect in this case, and you might need to redesign the functions which you have implemented in the code to make it work. Below are the simple methods you can use to solve this error without being overwhelmed:
Steps To Fix Runtime Error R6025
Method 1: Change the code interactions in visual c++
- If you are a coder, you will need to change the pure virtual function.
- This pure virtual function is the one causing the error R6025.
- Change the function (pure virtual) which calls the API function ‘DebugBreak’.
- While the debugger is in action, this DebugBreak method will cause a breakpoint.
- You can check the event loop in order to track the calling of the function.
- You can also set a breakpoint on the _purecall method.
- This helps in keeping the stack in place and hence easy to track.
Method 2: Update / Un-install Conflicting Software
The core of this runtime error R6025 problem might most probably be the program which you have downloaded on your computer. If it is in a beta state or is an incomplete project, there is a chance that it will cause your operating system to process the program in an unusual manner causing these types of errors. Just uninstalling the program which is associated with the visual c++ error can very well solve this problem for you. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the program:
- Open up the Start menu.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Click on the Programs option.
- Use the Uninstall a program functionality.
- Search and select the program you wish to uninstall from the list.
- Select Uninstall and a dialogue to guide you further will open up.
The best thing you can do in this case is waiting for an update to be released or if it has already been released, download the update or patch from the respective official website. This is pretty self-explanatory.
Method 3: Clean up the registry
The registry is one of the biggest problems in the Windows PC. There have been a metric ton of cases in which the registry has been responsible for hindering with the application. The registry is responsible for storing vital information about the functions which are used to make the execution process of the software hinder free.
This buggy system and the runtime error R6025 can be resolved by using automated open source software pieces made available by big as well as small developer teams and you can easily use them free of cost for solving this error. Just google the term registry cleaner and you will find lots of results.
Just make sure the source you download from is a reliable one by checking the reviews and you will surely be able to solve whatever registry errors there are in your system.
Method 4: Clean boot your Windows
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run dialogue.
- Type msconfig and press enter.
- In the Services tab, click the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Select the Disable all button in order to terminate all the services.
- Click the apply button and press Ok.
- Click the restart button on the Sys Config dialog box.
Follow all the above methods and we assure you that the runtime error R6025 will be solved. Make sure you read all the information carefully so that your code does not break. If you still feel difficulty, let us know by commenting below and we will get back to you soon