Imagine coming home after a long, hectic day and you decide to see something interesting on your PC to refresh your mood, and then suddenly you see an error. The error says that the NVIDIA control panel is missing. This quickly becomes tough for you to get rid of and solve the problem to smooth you video access.
Firstly, you need to understand what the NVIDIA control panel is. It is a small application that is bundled with your system’s display driver. Many users have an NVIDIA Graphic card pre-installed in their computer system, and they are enjoying the option of tweaking a few graphics settings by using the control panel of NVIDIA.
Sometimes the user faces the issue that there is no NVIDIA control panel or the NVIDIA control panel missing error. This is a problem which you need to solve to get rid of the issue and to enjoy an uninterrupted PC journey. Usually, this issue occurs after a long time PC inactivity that you may refer as Sleep mode.
There are several ways to solve NVIDIA control panel missing error; you need to counter the problem with a solution that will lead you to success in the easiest way possible.
5 EASY Fixes For NVIDIA Control Panel Missing
Below are the fixes that may help you counter this problem on your PC –
Fix 1: Solution Suggested By NVIDIA Support
This is the solution which is suggested by NVIDIA support system. It is why this is the most helpful for many users. But despite the fact that it is beneficial, it is a very long process. Below are the steps –
- Press the Windows + I key together, this will open Settings or click the Start menu and click the gear key which is located at the bottom left part.
- Click on Update & security >> Recovery and click the Restart Now option that is present under Advanced startup section. You will be prompted with the Choose an options screen.
- Click number 4 or F4 key to start PC in Safe Mode.
Now, proceed to delete the NVIDIA folder and uninstall the driver –
- Click on C drive, you will see an NVIDIA folder. Right-click and choose to delete.
- Press Windows + R to display a run box. Type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- Navigate to Display Adapters field. Find NVIDIA adapter and right click. Select Uninstall to remove it completely.
Now you need to reboot the system normally and then proceed to download and install the same but with the latest compatible version from the official website.
Fix 2: Restart NVIDIA Services
If the service gets corrupted for any reason, this solution is a sure way to solve this. Follow the steps –
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Type services.msc there and wait till the Services window is opened.
- In case you are a Windows 10 user, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open the task manager.
- Navigate to Services tab there and click on Open Services at the bottom of the windows, next to the gears icon.
- After opening the Services, Locate the NVIDIA services by clicking on the Name column. Repeat the same process for further processes which contain the word NVIDIA.
- Right click on the services and then the Properties.
- Locate to Startup type and then set it to Automatic. Click on Stop button to stop the service. After a while click on Start and confirm the dialogue boxes.
Check and see if the NVIDIA control panel missing issue has been solved.
Fix 3: Missing From Desktop Context Menu
This is a very common issue that users face although it needs an easier way to access. Follow the steps and get it solved in minutes –
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
- Type control panel there and wait till the panel gets open.
- Locate NVIDIA Control Panel entry. Click here and the NVIDIA Control Panel should open.
- Click on View or Desktop to check for an option which displays ‘Add Desktop Context’ Menu.
- Make the changes and apply. Navigate to desktop and check whether it appears there or not.
Fix 4: NVIDIA Control Panel Not Launching
This solution is short but it involves some really advanced actions which you need to perform carefully –
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer. Right click on NVDisplay.Container.exe file there and then select Copy from the context menu.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box and type shell:startup there, and click Ok.
- When the requested path opens, paste “NVDisplay.Container.exe” as a shortcut there.
- Right click on the shortcut you made, check for the option Run as Administrator. Click on apply and check whether the NVIDIA control panel missing issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Launch Control Panel Process Manually
When the process of launching the control panel automatically gets failed, this may arise when something regarding automatic launch is misconfigured. You can do this manually by following these below steps –
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together to open the Task Manager. Click on more details and locate for NVIDIA Container entry on the list.
- Right-click there and navigate to Open File Location option.
- Within the folder, find the Control Panel Client named folder.
- Find an application there named nvcplui.exe. Right click on that file and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Then focus on whether the issue gets solved or not.
The fixes as mentioned above are the most preferred techniques that are used by people to solve the NVIDIA control panel missing issue. If you are also facing problems like this, you can try the option you consider the most suitable for your PC. This guide will clear up your error. If you still find the issue with the display driver, then it is likely that the NVIDIA control panel missing issue is related to something else and not to NVIDIA.