- 1 5 Methods To Fix msvcr120.dll Is Missing
If MSVCR120.dll is missing, it will hinder your computer’s accessibility in several aspects. You will not be able to launch those interesting games or any other programs in C++ programming languages. Generally, you can refer to the MSVCR120.dll as a file that is used to extract various applications’ resources. These are the resources that are required at the runtime when the installation program is launched by the third party.
Moreover technically, the MSVCR120.dll is something that is typically based on C++ programming languages. This not only impacts the computer programs in C++ programming languages but also encounters the games while launching.
You might be facing various kinds of error messages when the MSVCR120.dll is missing in your system. Let’s have a look at few techniques to fix this vital file.
5 Methods To Fix msvcr120.dll Is Missing
Fix 1: Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
The MSVCR120.dll file actually belongs to the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. If the required file is missing from your computer, could indicate inappropriate installation of the package. This is the most preferred, easiest and a convenient way to fix the problem. All you need to do is just re-download and re-install the packages from Microsoft.
Here you must keep the few things in mind, firstly downloading these files from the official websites is a must. This will help you avoid any potential risks that might be involved from any unofficial websites, while you are attempting to replace your prior files. These are fake and unapproved sources to get the required files, so they induce virus into your system easily. Therefore to ensure system security, use official websites only.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Click on the Download button.
- Depending on your system specifications, whether it is x64 for 64-bit or x86 for 32-bit. Select the file as per your system type. Then click the Next button.
- When the downloading is complete, double-click the downloaded .exe file. Follow the instructions to install.
- Restart your Windows. Then you must open the same program to see if it works.
This may strongly resolve your problem. If not, then you must try the following other ways.
Fix 2: Do a clean installation of the program
As per the error message, you can try the first fixing technique i.e. explained above. You can re-install the program which is causing the error to fix it, but the program file may be corrupted while installing. Therefore, in order to have a complete and correct file with a clean re-installation program, you may have to be a little more conscious and follow the below points.
- Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time, from your keyboard.
- The run box will appear, type appwiz.cpl there and then click Ok.
- Now select the program which is showing the error message. Right-click the program and then click Uninstall.
- Follow every popup instructions to confirm the delete process.
- Restart the PC, and then re-install that particular program
- Now open it to see if it works properly.
Fix 3: Copy the file from another computer
You can fix this error easily with this technique, by copying the same file from a different computer and then pasting it to the system which is showing the error. Follow the steps below to get a resolution.
- Find a computer that runs on the same operating system as yours, Windows 10/8/7 and 32-bit/64-bit respectively.
- On the other computer, open the File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy the msvcr120.dll from there.
- Paste that file which you have copied, to the exact location on your computer i.e. C:\Windows\System32.
Launch the program to see if it works.
Fix 4: Run a virus scan program for your system
A virus or malware infection in the system could also stop the .dll file from running and this obviously is a cause for your MSVCR120.dll missing file too. Some messages that imply errors like .dll not found or .dll is missing, are typically related to malware functions, such as Trojan.
Here, check the possibility by running a full system check with an anti-virus program . The Windows Defender is not always capable enough to work alone. You must try other anti-virus programs, such as Norton, AVG AntiVirus or any other.
You may run a complete scan for your Windows system; this will take a few minutes. Here, the quick scan is not appropriate to figure out the cause. The entire scan ensures a complete check of every part of your computer.
After the overall scan, restart the system. Then, if you see the Windows has been infected by any Malware, follow the anti-virus program instructions to fix the same. Restart the computer and check if the problem is solved.
Fix 5: Update drivers in your Windows
Any outdated or missing device driver may cause various problems for your computer. Therefore, updating those device drivers should be a great option to clog the system from further issues.
Here you are having two options to update the drivers, either you can go for the update automatically or manually. Although the manual process is a little time-consuming in comparison to the automatic way , it is still recommended.
If you aren’t aware, you must go for the automatic update with Driver Easy and this will automatically recognize the system and find a correct driver for your PC. Follow the below mentioned steps.
- Download Driver Easy and then install it.
- Run that and then click on the Scan Now button. This will scan the computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click on the Update button that will automatically download and install the correct driver. Here, you can also click on the Update All button, this will automatically download and then install all the correct drivers that were missing or outdated.
- After all the steps are done, restart your PC to see the outcome.
There are few solutions that will be helpful, if you are facing the same issue while running a program on your PC. Choose either of the fixes and your problem will be sorted.