Keeping the data secure is the number one priority when using a computer. If the data is not secure, the chances are that the data might be leaked or damaged or even locked/deleted which is the last thing anyone wants. You should be able to stay safe and protect your privacy because your PayPal information, credit card information, private files are surely important and should not be mended with by some third party. In this article, our experts discuss about how you can fix Malwarebytes Anti-malware Unable to Start Service.
To do that, you should make sure that you get a good anti-malware software to protect your computer from malicious software. No antivirus in the world can detect all the virus present out there because of new developments and some undetectable ones which are yet to be discovered.
Malwarebytes anti-malware tool is one of the best anti-malware out there which can detect most of the viruses and malware out there. This is the reason there have been malicious developers and other competing companies hiring people who are trying to hit the software hard by bypassing the security system provided.
Some users have experienced this malfunction and have tried to solve this issue by themselves only to find out that they cannot solve this issue. However, some professionals have successfully solved this issue and submitted their solutions to different blogs. There are several methods to fix this issue and we have provided all of them in one single article to make your lives easier.
How to Fix Malwarebytes Anti-malware Unable to Start the Service Error
FIX 1 – Check your Services
The anti-malware software Malwarebytes runs by installing this service on your device and if the service itself is facing an issue, that issue can be checked manually in time to make sure that your system is working fine.
The Malwarebytes anti-virus installs its service in your Windows OS. If in case, the Malwarebytes service has been terminated or paused, it might cause conflicts with the software. Follow the instructions which we have mentioned below to check if the service is active and running –
- Press the Windows + R key simulatenously to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in it and press the Enter key.
- Locate the Malwarebytes service in the list.
- In case it shows that the Malwarebytes service is not running, click Start so that it runs again.
FIX 2 – Uninstall Malwarebytes and install it again
There are loads of users who have had issues with Malwarebytes and plenty of them have mentioned that reinstalling this antimalware service has fixed all their issues.
This fix should be tried as soon as possible because this might just save your computer from self-destructing itself due to the malware and trojans.
You activation ID and the key should be the first ones to be retrieved because, without them, you might not be able to activate your premium again in case you have one.
- Open up the Run dialog by either looking it up in the Start menu or pressing the Windows + R key.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Depending on your system you should be able to locate one of these keys
- 32-bit PC: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- 64-bit PC: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Once you note down the ID and Key which you own, proceed further with the method.
- Open Malwarebytes anti-malware, click My account and deactivate the account.
- Open the Settings, click the Advanced settings menu and disable the self-protection module.
- Download the setup file from the Malwarebytes official website.
- Disable any other protection software and close all the programs which are running.
- Run the executable setup file which you downloaded.
- Follow the displayed instructions and restart your personal computer.
- After installation, activate the program by copy-pasting the ID and Key which you retrieved and noted down.
- In case you are not using the premium version of this software, just reinstall it in a normal way.
FIX 3 – Safe Mode
You can repeat all the steps which are mentioned above in safe mode in case they are not able to fix the issue in normal boot. Safe Mode will ensure that there are no conflicting applications and services running, thus allowing an error-free installation.
You can easily fix any issue related to the Malwarebytes anti-malware software by using the steps mentioned above because they are a global fix. This is the most straightforward guide which you will find if you want to solve your issues. If they don’t, you might need to reinstall your OS or use the System restore functionalities which the Windows OS provides by default.