There is a chance that your keyboard might stop working and the mouse might stop responding all of a sudden. This problem might be because you must have updated to the Windows 10 Operating System. There are cases when if you connect a USB mouse to the Laptop, this problem might appear. Some people are able to use an external USB mouse. There are a number of reasons to why this problem has occured
Some of the reasons are:
- The drivers are damaged or corrupted
- The drivers are not updated
- There are software conflicts in your system
- The hardware in your system is either malfunctioning or damaged
- The hardware input ports in your system are not working
- There is a problem with the startup settings
Different computers use different configurations and that is the reason, they might have different root causes. We have compiled a number of fixes for that very reason. We do not want you to waste your time or try your luck by searching the fixes online. We have compiled all the fixes here so that you will not have to hesitate for the correct fix. Just make sure that you try all the fixes listed here in order to find the root cause of the problem in your configuration.
We recommend you to take a backup of your configuration before you try all the fixes which are listed here. There have been cases where the users have messed up their systems while trying to solve these type of problems. The reason is that they tried to modify the steps which we have provided here either to take a shortcut or try something new. In case you are in the mood of trying something fance, make sure that you create a system restore point. The system restore point will save the configuration of your system in the current timestamp and help you revert the configuration to the default config before you tried anything fancy in case you mess up.
Steps to fix the Keyboard not working Windows 10 issue
Fix 1: Switch off the filter keys
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Ease Of Access to open it up
- Once you open it up, click on the option which says Make the keyboard easier to use
- Now all you have to do is look up the option which says turn on filter keys and disable the radio button beside it
- Make sure that you apply all the changes
- Restart your computer after that to make sure that all the changes are saved
This should be able to fix the Keyboard not working in Windows 10 issue
If the Keyboard not working in Windows 10 issue is still persistent, make sure to jump on to the next fix in order to find the root cause of this problem according to your system configuration.
Fix 2: Use the troubleshooting functionality
- Press the Start + R key in order to open up the run dialog
- Type control panel in the input field and press the enter key
- This should open up the Control Panel
- Search for the term troubleshooting in the search input bar and open up the first result
- Click on the view all option and then click on the link to the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices
Fix 3: Modify the BIOS settings
- Reboot your computer
- Press the key assigned by your vendor (F2, Del, F12) in order to open up the BIOS menu
- Search for the USB settings and open it up
- In the USB config menu, disable the option called USB legacy support
- After you make sure that the changes are saved, exit the BIOS menu and reboot your device
This should fix all the problems you are having with the keyboard, mouse and external usb devices as well.
This is the best guide you can use in order to solve the Keyboard not working in Windows 10 issue. Just make sure that you follow all the steps listed in this guide and we assure you that your problems will be gone in no time. We hope that this guide helped you out. Good luck.