The iastoricon.exe basically stands for Intel Array Storage Technology Icon Service. The iastoricon.exe is an application error whereby the user gets a message box pop-up informing you about a software exception that has occurred in a particular application.
The executable is a process belonging to Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Since the executable is in no way important for your windows operating system, so it can be removed if it is causing you trouble.
As far the as specific functionality of the iastoricon.exe executable file is concerned, it is supposed to display a message alter regarding your connected storage devices.
Generally, the executable is found in C:\Program Files but you may sometimes find it in C:\.
But the file iastoricon.exe is signed by Verisign that means it is trustworthy, so there is a little reason for concern.
Still, you must note that certain malware like to camouflage themselves as a legitimate process such as this subject executable file, so there is a slight chance for this to be the case in your specific situation.
Fix: iastoricon.exe Error
If you are facing the iastoricon.exe error, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we are going to tell you how you can fix the iastoricon.exe easily without any trouble. You can try the following fixes in chronological order, moving on to the next if the previous one yields no desired result.
FIX 1 – Run SFC Scan
To fix the iastoricon.exe error, running a System File Checker (SFC) scan is a good idea. The System File Checker Scan basically repairs the corrupted system files (if it finds any).
It is highly recommended that if you are using Windows 8 or higher, you need to run the DISM tool first. Now, let us see how you can run the System File Checker scan. Just follow the steps mentioned below to run the System File Checker Scan –
- First of all, open the command prompt by typing cmd in the run dialogue box. To open the run dialogue box, you need to press the Windows key and R at the same time.
- If you are using Windows 8 or higher, you need to run the DISM tool. To run the DISM tool, type DISM.exe/Online /cleanup-image/restorehealth in the command prompt window.
- To start the scan, you need to type sfc/ scannow in the command prompt window and then press the ENTER button.
You need to make sure that the scanning process does not get interrupted. Once you get the result of the System File Checker Scan, act in accordance with the results and the guidelines displayed on the computer screen.
FIX 2 – Update BIOS
If the above solution did not work for you, you can try to update your BIOS. It does not matter which version of Windows you are using, the process for updating the BIOS is the same for all. If you do not know how to update your BIOS, you can follow the steps mentioned below –
- In the start icon, you need to type msinfo with the quotation marks.
- Now, press the corresponding icon that appears in the top section of your computer screen.
- Now, move to ‘System Model’ and find your computer’s model name. This is done so that we can find the correct firmware.
- Now, in your internet browser, paste the system model number and write drivers after that. For instance, ” XYZ123 Drivers” where XYZ123 is your model number of the system. You can also search for XYZ123 BIOS.
- Now, you need to download and install the file. In case the file is compressed, you need to extract it first before installing.
- Once the file is extracted, you can install it.
FIX 3 – Perform Antivirus Scan
Here the process of running the antivirus scan depends completely on the antivirus software you are using in your computer system. You must be familiar with this process as regular antivirus scans tend to make your computer much more secure.
If there is no antivirus program installed on your computer system, then you must get one as soon as possible.
FIX 4 – Remove the iastoricon.exe (OPTIONAL)
If all the above solutions fail to solve the problem, and you believe that the file is causing mayhem on your computer system, then you can remove the iastoricon.exe from your computer. Here in this section, we are going to tell you how you can remove the executable from your computer system.
- First of all, you need to create a restore point for Windows (not present in Windows XP). This restore point will help you to revert the changes if something goes wrong.
- Now, press F3 and type iastoricon.exe in the search bar.
- Now, find the program which the iastoricon.exe belongs and then uninstall it in the standard way.
- If the issue still continues, and you are not able to remove the file, go to the above search result and try to manually delete all of the occurrences of the executable file.
The iastoricon.exe is most likely not a malicious process. But if you want to be on the safe side, try to run a scan using the antivirus software on your computer.
But if the antivirus doesn’t find anything and also the process is not giving you any trouble, you can leave the iastoricon.exe file without worrying too much.