There are a number of users who have faced Headphones not working in windows 10 issue and we are about to show you how to fix that. This issue generally occured on the public release of the Windows 10 versions and sometimes these issues are faced when the users update their Windows operating systems and the drivers are having issues or creating a conflict. There might be a third party application hindering with the sound drivers.
That is the very reason, in case you are trying to fix Headphones not working in windows 10 issue, make sure all the drivers are installed and if they are already there, try uninstalling and reinstalling them so that whatever the driver problems are there, they get out of the way. If the problem still persists after you reinstall the drivers, go ahead and start following the fixes which we have mentioned in this guide.
This guide has been created by professionals who have conducted loads of case studies on this error. They have compiled a list of methods so that each and every user can solve their issues using this one single guide. There are a number of fixes we have mentioned in this guide but make sure to emphasize on the fix 2 because it is the one which has been working for most of the people.
3 Fixes for Headphones not working in windows 10 Issue
Fix 1: Install/Update Sound Drivers
- Right click on the icon which looks like a speaker on the taskbar of your display
- Click on the Sounds option and then open the Playback bar
- Click the Sound device and click on the Properties button
- You will be able to see the controller info and there will be a button called Properties
- Hit Change Settings button (admin access)
- Open up the Driver window and click on the Update Driver button
- Your Operating System will start downloading the drivers automatically
- Wait for some time and once the process has been finished, restart your computer
- Try your hearing device now and it should work
If the above method does not work and fix the Headphones not working in windows 10, jump on to the next method
Fix 2: Update the drivers yourself (The good old manual way)
- Search for the My Computer icon on your Desktop or the Start menu
- Right click that icon and click on the Properties button
- Click on the device manager button, you will find the button somewhere on the left side
- Search for the Sound, Video and Game Controller section and expand it
- Right click the HD (High Definition Audio Device) and click the Properties menu
- Open the tab tagged as Driver in the properties of the HDR audio device and tap the Update Driver button on the left side below the Driver Details button
- Click the Browse My Personal Computer for the Driver software option
- Use the let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Click on the High Definition Audio Device and click the Next button
- Click the Yes button in case a warning appears on your computer
- Reboot your computer and check if your headphone works
If the above method does not work, jump on to the next method
Fix 3: Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
If you have the HD audio manager by the Realtek company, open up the software manager and enable the Radio button beside the disable the front panel jack detection. The option will be available below the connector settings on the right side of the app.
Your device must work as good as butter after trying these methods.
We have provided all the methods required for anyone to fix the Headphones not working in windows 10 error. We hope that you learned something from this article and enjoyed reading it. Good luck!