- 1 Fix Hamachi Does Not Work in Windows 10, 8.1 & 7
- 1.1 Fix 1: Restart your PC
- 1.2 Fix 2: Disable the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
- 1.3 Fix 3: Run the Hamachi as administrator
- 1.4 Fix 4: Turn on the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service
- 1.5 Fix 5: Update the Hamachi drivers
- 1.6 Fix 6: Uninstall the Conflicting Software
- 1.7 Related Posts
Hamachi is a well know Virtual Private Network(VPN), which is used for various purposes by users, but majorly for gaming. Gamers use the Hamachi network to create a virtual LAN that enables them to enjoy the game with friends. This VPN application establishes a direct link between computers. You can also refer to this as a connection over the internet to emulate for the computers as if they were connected over a LAN network.
Hamachi is a zero-configuration VPN application available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Android, and iOS platforms. However, despite the usefulness of Hamachi, many users face trouble while using it. This problem that doesn’t let Hamachi function properly, occurs on many systems irrespective of of the OS running on the system. It is quite common usually in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7. The issue can only be fixed after understanding the root cause, and here we have some recommend fixes that could be of help. Have a look!
Fix Hamachi Does Not Work in Windows 10, 8.1 & 7
Fix 1: Restart your PC
If you are facing trouble with your Hamachi VPN, and if it has stopped working, then the very common solution is to rescue your system from the same. You should try restarting your PC. While many users think it to be a worthy solution, however, this is only for a quick fix.
Restarting the PC to solve the problem will only be a temporary solution to this issue. Therefore, if you are looking for a longtime solution for the Hamachi Tunnel Problem and Hamachi Network Adapter error then you can go for other fixes that are explained in detail below.
Fix 2: Disable the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol is something that often does the interference with Hamachi VPN. The protocol prevents Hamachi from functioning properly; here is the solution to fix the problem –
- Go to the Control Panel of your PC and then click on Network Connections.
- Once the window appears, delete Network Bridge.
- Locate the Local Area Connection and double-click on it.
- Check for all the options but uncheck the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
- Once you have unchecked the required option, restart your PC and then install the latest version of Hamachi VPN.
Now, check if the issue is solved. If it’s not, check out the other solution given below.
Fix 3: Run the Hamachi as administrator
This solution is quite simple and easy to implement. This solution works in many cases and the users have preferred it the most. Here, you need to follow a few steps to run Hamachi as administrator –
- Close the app and make sure no background process is running.
- Right-click on the Hamachi icon on your desktop.
- Navigate to Run as administrator option and click on it.
To set your Hamachi to always run with administrative privileges. Follow the below steps to do the same:
- Right click on the Hamachi icon and then look for Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check for Run this program as an administrator option.
- Now click on Apply and then hit Ok.
Now, your Hamachi will start with administrative privileges always and ideally your issue should be solved.
Fix 4: Turn on the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service
Any app requires some specific services to run properly and sometimes the services get disabled on PC. In this reference, you need to enable the same by following the steps explained below –
- Press Windows + R Key together and then type services.msc, hit Enter.
- Now, Services window will appear and here you need to locate the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine.
- Double click on that and open its properties.
- Now, in Service Status ,click on the Start option to start the required services.
- Finally, click on Apply.
If the service is already running, stop it and then re-start it after a few seconds.
Fix 5: Update the Hamachi drivers
There are many apps and software which come in a package with their own drivers and so does Hamachi. Sometimes, these drivers get corrupted and cause conflicts. Obviously, you can’t remove them as this will hamper the functioning of your app; therefore you must update to the latest drivers. Follow the below steps to update the Hamachi drivers:
- Press Windows + X key together, wait till the menu opens.
- Select Device Manager from the appeared list.
- Click on Network adapters, once the list gets expanded navigate the Hamachi adapter and right-click there.
- Select Update driver from the appeared menu.
- Now, click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Finally, browse and choose the Hamachi installation directory. After selecting the desired directory, click on Next to proceed.
Once the drivers are installed properly, check if the issue is fixed. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Fix 6: Uninstall the Conflicting Software
To proceed with this solution, first you need to understand a few things. Hamachi is actually a network tool. Many people face the same issue as the VPN causes the problem and not Hamachi, which eventually affects the functioning. Many users have solved the issue by uninstalling the VPN client from their PC. So, if you are also facing these kind of issues, you can also go ahead and un-install the app from your PC.
To proceed with the same, we highly recommend the users to use the dedicated uninstallers like IOBit Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller. This will help you remove the root application which is causing trouble for Hamachi. Once you are done after removing the VPN, the issue ought to be resolved and Hamachi will start working perfectly again. You can go for CyberGhost VPN, in case your system needs a VPN.