If you are frequently facing the error saying Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105 while executing the windows update, then here is some best solution to fix this issue.
The error code 0x8024a105 means, that there was a problem while downloading certain updates into your computer. It will try again later. But, if the error persists, look out a solution online or reach out the tech support team. The error 0x8024a105 usually can occur during the KB4020102 update.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to find a solution for this error at the windows updates list of error codes. Here are 3 best solution to fix the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105.
The initial step is to tap on the return option. It will take some time like 15-17 minutes. If still, the problem persists you can try rebooting your computer system and get connected to the internet using a different connection.
You can try out Wi-Fi connection and start the windows 10 updates again. If this works, carry on else move to the below-mentioned methods to fix the issue.
Method 1: Run Windows Update troubleshooter
this is the most common way to find the windows update error. Begin with executing the built-in troubleshooter for your Windows updates. This can be done by following the below mentioned quick steps, let’s get started.
- Tap on Start and enter “Troubleshoot” in the search bar.
- Tap on the windows update make sure to Run the troubleshooter.
- The entire troubleshooting process will take some time, wait for it to complete.
The troubleshooter usually fixes the issue of 0x8024a105 window update error. if it doesn’t work, move on to the next fix.
Method 2: Resetting the Windows Update Components
The error code 0x8024a105 could occur when one or many windows component corrupt. It is better to reset them and try fixing the issues. This can be done by following below-mentioned step.
Step 1: Tap on the start button and search for cmd in the list. Tap on the command prompt option and then select Run as an administrator option.
Step 2: Enter the below mentioned commands
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
Once done, click on enter key.
These commands are helpful to discard the service which is needed by the Windows Updates during the downloading and installing updates.
Step 3: Make sure to type the command and tap on enter key after typing each of these commands in the window.
- Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
This command will help to rename the two folders i.e. SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folder. These files usually store the data and temporary files during windows update.
These folders will be missing during the system detection, a new folder gets created instead. This step is done to avoid an issue in Windows updates due to the old folders.
- Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
Step 4: enter the below-mentioned command in the command prompt window and then tap on Enter key.
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
This method should work to fix the 0x8024a105 error.
Method 3: Install the Windows Update Manually
You can get started by downloading and installing the windows update manually if the error 0x8024a105 is still not fixed. Here are the steps
- Tap on the start button and search for “system information” and tap on it.
- Look for the option of “System Type” in the system information windows, the value should be x64-based or x86-based. Note down this information because you will need it during the windows update.
- Make sure to note down the system updates which failed to get installed. The codes usually start with “KB”.
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalogue and look for the updates which didn’t get installed.
- Search for the updates that match with your OS and system type. Tap on the option Download next to get the updates.
- Tap on the new windows, to begin with, the updates download.
- Click and open the file which you downloaded and install it.
These 3 methods will help you to fix the error of -0x8024a105 in Windows 10. You can try out the one which works for you.