- 1 PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Bugs / Crash Fix [Windows 10 / Windows 7]
- 1.1 FIX 1 – Check Antivirus Settings
- 1.2 FIX 2 – Restart Steam
- 1.3 FIX 3 – Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 1.4 FIX 4 – Run Steam or the game as administrator
- 1.5 FIX 5 – Update your Windows operating system
- 1.6 FIX 6 – Check if your drivers are up to date
- 1.7 FIX 7 – Update / Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
- 1.8 FIX 8 – Scan your registry
- 1.9 FIX 9 – Use the lowest settings
- 1.10 Related Posts
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is an early access game where players are on a deserted island and have to find the resources necessary to survive. It is essentially a battle royale shooting game. Being in the early stages there may be errors while trying to play the game. Some commonly occurring errors include the failure to launch or initialize Steam, the game crashing or running out of video memory, lagging, buildings not loading correctly, etc.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Bugs / Crash Fix [Windows 10 / Windows 7]
FIX 1 – Check Antivirus Settings
You may need to check if the game is allowed to run under your firewall settings. It is possible that your antivirus may be blocking the game from running. In that case, all you have to do is locate the game in your antivirus settings and change its firewall preference to allowed. If this does not work, you may have to disable the antivirus. If this too fails you may have to uninstall your antivirus. Certain anti-virus have a gaming mode which ensures that games are not restricted, but if your antivirus does not have this feature you may have to resort to disabling it or in the worst case, un-installing it. However, one must be careful while uninstalling anti-virus and keep it as a last resort since an anti-virus software is essential for the security of your device.
FIX 2 – Restart Steam
If there is an issue with your Steam then the game might encounter certain errors. This can be fixed by simply restarting Steam and then trying to run the game again. Also, check if there are any pending Steam updates. If there are, make sure to install the updates. If the issue persists you may have to take recourse to other troubleshooting methods.
FIX 3 – Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes the game files may be damaged or corrupted due to malwares, so it is a good idea to verify the integrity of the game. This can be done by following these steps:
- Start Steam.
- Go to Library and right click on the PlayerUnknown’s Battleground game and select Properties.
- To check the integrity of game files, go to the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of Game Files option.
- Once the verification process is complete, run the game again to see if the issue has been fixed.
FIX 4 – Run Steam or the game as administrator
If you don’t have the necessary privileges for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds to run, then the simple fix to that is to run Steam as administrator. In order to do this,
- Locate the Steam icon on Desktop.
- Right click on steam.exe and choose the Run as administrator option
If this works, you may want to change the default setting of Steam to run as administrator. This can be done easily with the help of the following process:
- Go to the steam.exe file and right click on it
- From the list that pops up select Properties
- Locate the Compatibility tab under properties and tick Run this program as administrator option.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
If this too does not resolve the problem you can try running the game itself as administrator:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlegrounds\TslGame\Binaries\Win64
- Choose TsLGame.exe and right click on it.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
This should resolve the error, failing which you can try the following methods.
FIX 5 – Update your Windows operating system
Bugs may accumulate in your computer if your operating system is not up to date. Simply updating your Windows operating system should install the necessary updates and take care of the bugs that may be causing a hindrance in running PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. When errors pop up for any game or program, updating your system should ideally fix it. If installing Windows 10 does not make all the updates necessary, you can manually add the updates through these steps
- Press Windows Key + I to go to the Settings application.
- Click the Update & Security option.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- If there are any updates that weren’t installed on your Windows 10, they will start downloading.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, try running the game again.
FIX 6 – Check if your drivers are up to date
If your drivers are not up to date, then the game may not be able to run. You will need to update your graphics card drivers. This is a common problem but there is an easy fix for this. First, you need to figure out what your driver card model is so that you can download the necessary updates from websites such as NVIDIA or AMD.
If you find that manually updating the drivers is time-consuming or cumbersome, you can use tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater that automatically install the necessary driver updates as and when the need arises.
FIX 7 – Update / Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Downloading the Visual studio 2015 redistributables should fix any problems caused by the Visual C++ Redistributable. Users have found that ensuring that the Visual C++ Redistributable is up to date often fixes the error and allows PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds to run smoothly again. It may be tedious to download all the updates individually so a simple hack is to locate the ‘vcredist’ folder and install all the files from this directory. This restores all the components necessary to run the game. Some users have also recommended installing the latest update for Universal C Runtime, so you can give this a try as well.
FIX 8 – Scan your registry
If your registry has been corrupted, it may be the reason behind the issues in running PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. The simple solution to this problem is to scan your registry with a registry cleaner software such as CCleaner that can be downloaded for free and is claimed to be one of the best.
FIX 9 – Use the lowest settings
If the game is running on using some unusual default resolution, you can try running the game on its lowest settings and . Running it on 1280X600 resolution setting should do the trick.
Sometimes an error may occur where the buildings don’t have the right texture or the players are able to walk through the walls. This may be fixed by simply restarting the game or turning off Shadow Play which is an NVIDIA feature. Being an early access game, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds may have some FPS issues. You can avoid that by updating your OS and drivers and installing the game on the same drive as your OS. The above troubleshooting methods should let you play the game for the time being and once an updated version rolls out, the majority of these problems should be fixed automatically.