Though Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers, at times, it can be pretty annonying with certain errors popping up continuously on your system. It is really easy to deal with these errors. ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is recognized to be one of the most common errors which you may need to encounter at the time of accessing specific websites on Google Chrome.
What is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
As you try to gain access to certain websites such as Google+, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR might appear on the screen along with the message that this webpage is not available. It may also come with specific errors such as err_spdy_protocol_error Tumblr, err_spdy_protocol_error facebook, err_spdy_protocol_error chrome, err_spdy_protocol_error Tumblr.
Different solutions are available in order to resolve the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. In case one method(fix) does not work, you should try the next method(fix) to solve the annoying issue. There is a common saying that the solutions to a lot of big issues are in the simplest ways. It is possible to avoid the err spdy protocol error, by opening the Google Chrome browser and simply clearing the Cache. After clearing the cache, restart the browser. This error fixing process functions seven out of ten times. In case, you find that this process is not working, you can adopt one of the below-mentioned processes with an eye to fixing the error:
Methods to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR :
It is recognized to be one of the easiest options in order to remove the error. This is going to work in case the error occurs owing to certain security issues which are caused owing to the cookies, present on the web browser. The following steps need to be done in order to clear the cookies from the Google Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome and go to Settings tab.
- Next, to this, you need to move to the history tab.
- You should be clicking on the Clear Browsing Data Tab.
- You can find a pop-up box where you will find a checklist. Tick all the options present on the checklist.
- The Time Range should be set to All Time.
- After this, hit the Clear data button.
Updating the browser
In order to remove the err_spdy_protocol_error, you need to be sure that you are running on the latest version of Google Chrome browser. To check if you are running on the latest version of Google Chrome browser, and if not, to update your browser to the latest version follow the below given steps:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots present on the top-right corner of Google Chrome.
- Hover over to the Help option and click on About Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome will automatically start checking for any updates and it will automaticlly download and install them for you.
Checking AntiVirus Program Installed On The System
In accordance with several studies, a wide array of Avast Security Software users encounter the err spdy protocol error at the time of accessing specific websites. Hence, in case you are making use of the security software, you may require adding the websites into the Web Shield exclusion, present in the security software. Here are a few steps in order to do so:
- You require opening the Avast Security Software which is present in the system
- Next, to this, you need to move to the settings, present in the software
- You require selecting the active protection tab in the next step
- You require going to the Customize Web Shield Protection
- After this, the required steps should be added in a separate manner.
This process is known to be specific to the certain antivirus software. Avast is known for having unique settings, in comparison to the Bit Defender or Mc Afree. It is a hassle to confer steps for each antivirus software. The general idea involves opening the antivirus panel after which you should be looking for terms such as Exclusion, web protection, HTTPS, internet or online. You require checking the options present under the words after which they should be unchecked.
This procedure is certainly going to resolve your issue, in case you are making use of the software. However, you need to ensure to add each of the URLs in a proper manner so that the errors do not appear anymore.
In case you find that the error is still appearing, even after accomplishing the above-mentioned steps, there are chances that the issues are with the antivirus.
- It is the last option for the removal of the err_spdy_protocol_error details. You need to follow the below mentioned steps for getting rid of the error:
- Launch Google Chrome and type this in the address bar: chrome://net-internals/
- Select Sockets from the menu.
- Now click the Flush Socket Pools button which is present at the top.
IP Address and DNS Cache
Domain Name Server or DNS caches are recognized to be filed which are generated which visiting the website, the name as well as other details about the website that is stored in the cache file. Owing to a few reasons, these files are going to get corrupted, thereby resulting in the error. Renewing the IP address during the flushing out of DNS caches is definitely a good idea. For accomplishing the task, you require using the Command Prompt in the elevated mode.
Here are the steps that should be followed in order to fix the error:
- You need to right click on the Start button for opening the Command Prompt in the administrator mode.
- After this, a command prompt is going to appear. Type ” ipconfig /flushdns ” into the command prompt and hit the enter key. You should be getting a Successfully flushed the DNS cache message after executing the command.
- Next, to this, you should be typing ” ipconfig /release ” after which you requir e pressing the Enter Key. After this, you require typing the ” ipconfig /renew “, next to which you need to hit the Enter key for renewing the IP address, which is interlinked with your computer.
All of the above-mentioned steps are simple and can be followed at ease. You can adapt them for the removal of ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome.