Destination folder access denied is an error that you will find in the situation when you are copying or transferring a file from one folder to another. Sometimes, at the time of copying the stuff, a message appears saying ‘destination folder access denied’. You will find this blunder in windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
Generally, this error appears when there is inaccessibility of proprietorship. It implies that there are some records that are situated in some other user account and any modification and adjustments are not allowed with those records. In such case, if you try to copy that record, your device will show up a message of folder access denied. It is usually an error that is normal in multi-client account framework. There are various methods or solutions that can be used to fix this error. We are discussing a step-to-step guide to rectify this error given below:
Method 1: BY CHANGING FILE PERMISSIONS
You can settle the issue of destination folder access denied by securing it with NTFS consents. The basic steps you need to follow to do it are discussed:
- The very first step you need to do is to sign in to windows with your manager account.
- Then you need to discover the folder whose proprietorship is to be taken and tap the right click on that folder.
- Starting from the drop menu, you need to click on the alternative ‘properties’ and when the open folder’s properties tab appears on the screen, continue to the security tab.
- The next thing you need to perform is to tap on advanced choice from the base and when the box opens, continue onto the owner tab.
- And in case that you need to change the proprietor of the picked folder, select the edit option from the base. After selecting, click on the replace owner and tap OK button.
- Remain inactive until the point come when the windows complete the procedure.
- Afterward, once more move to the security tab of the organizer to permit suitable consents.
Method 2: BY DISABLING CERTAIN SERVICES
Sometimes destination folder access denied error occurs due to the device incompatibility with certain services. Therefore, you can settle down the error by disabling those services from a gadget. Here are some steps that you need to follow in order to uninstall the services. Follow this guide:
- The initial step you need to take is to go to the start option and search for the msconfig.
- Following the first step, you need to pick system configuration from the indicated indexed lists. When the system configuration exchange box appears, on the services tab, click or tap on it in order to pick the checkbox named as ‘hide all Microsoft services’. In order to disable the services, tap on the disable all button.
- The next step of this procedure is to reach the startup tab of the system configuration discourse box. From that on the alternative ‘open task manager’ in order to open the task manager.
- In task manager under the startup tab, select the thing for every startup thing.
- At that point, click on the disable option and close the task manager.
- The last step you need to do is to save the changes that you have made through the whole process and then restart your computer.
Method 3: BY USING CHKDSK
Under this method, you have two tips or you can say suggestions that you can follow to settle down the error. We are discussing both the tips below. You can look to it and choose accordingly:
Tip #1. Run CHKDSK and fix out of reach drive
This technique will analyze and resolve the document system mistakes which were impeding you from achieving the capacity of your gadgets. There are few steps through which you can repair the inaccessible drive and run CHKDSK
- Firstly, you need to open the command prompt and in that type: chkdsk/f c: In place of you can type the drive letter of your out of reach hard drive.
- After that, press the enter button in order to enable the checking strategy to work for it.
- When the process gets completed, type: exit and press the enter button to end the procedure.
Tip #2. Changing the drive letter
You can also settle the error by just renaming the drive letter name. For doing this, here is the guide:
For changing the drive letter, just make a right click on the inaccessible hard drive and click on the ‘rename’ alternative. After that select your new drive name and make the changes. After writing the new drive letter name to your device, check if your device is opening.
Method 4: BY RECOVERING FILES USING RECOVERY TOOLS
Also, in this method, there are two different tips that you can follow to recover your file from your inaccessible file.
Tip #1. Recovering data from an inaccessible hard drive
- You need to begin with the EaseUS data recovery wizard. Then choose the inaccessible disc, documents, and files.
- Then go for a sweep process of scanning in order to recognize all the lost files and in addition to exhibiting records from that specific place.
- Following that, pick the documents which you wish to reestablish at the point tap on recover.
In this way, you can recover files using the recovery wizard.
Tip #2. Arranging and resetting the difficult to reach hard drive to process factory settings
- For formatting the inaccessible device, just right-click on the device which can be either internal or external drive or any other USB device or SD card. Then tap on the Format button.
- Following that, modify in the file system as you want. You can also change the label name of your inaccessible device and then click on the start button.
- Now, tap on OK button to reset the inaccessible device to factory settings and restore the ‘destination folder access denied’ error.
These are some of the best methods that you can follow in order to settle the error regarding ‘destination folder access denied’.