- 1 What Exactly Is Confirm Form Resubmission Error?
- 1.1 6 Quick Methods to Fix Form Resubmission Popup
- 1.2 Method 1: Replace The POST Method
- 1.3 Method 2: Google Chrome Properties
- 1.4 Method 3: Disable Motion Near The Browser
- 1.5 Method 4: Clear Browsing History
- 1.6 Method 5: Reset Browsing Settings
- 1.7 Method 6: Get Rid of Corrupted Extensions
- 1.8 Related Posts
We all are living in an age where internet is mandatory for almost everything. A web browser works as a gateway to surf through different content across the globe. Everyone, mostly prefers to use Google Chrome as their default browser because of its ease of use and compatibility. But, the sad part is it doesn’t always work as you want it to work. Occasionally, there are few annoying errors which make your browsing experience super tricky. One such annoying error is Confirm Form Resubmission pop up.
What Exactly Is Confirm Form Resubmission Error?
These types of dialog box usually appear when you refresh a web page on the Google chrome or when you try the back-navigation button. It is not a supreme error, and it is just a bug which is reported by my users. Still, the issue remains unsolved in Google Chrome. The forward and backward movement of Google is exceptionally weakly built, and the issue is impossible to solve. If you even have come across this issue, here is the quick six fixes to solve the problem.
There are some common causes for the Confirm Form Re-submissions Popup
- Zero internet connection or frequent disconnection.
- A particular web page which contains refreshed form
- During the middle of the kind, you tap on the submission button and then try to click back button.
The data which user has entered in the form is submitted via the browser to the server. While the information is transferred, if that time the page is refreshed there are high chances of content duplicity.
6 Quick Methods to Fix Form Resubmission Popup
Follow the methods given below to solve the annonying Confirm Form Resubmission popup. If you come across any difficulties or need help at any specific part, let us know in the comments section. Our team will try to get back to you as soon as possible and help you out.
Method 1: Replace The POST Method
In the case of POST technique, the data entered by the user via browser is posted. The detailed entered during the form submission will not appear in the URL hence the details are not visible to the user. When the form incorporates the GET method, the details are reached to the target URL. The confidentiality of the data is at stake.
The GET method is not much recommended while the form is submitting. If your page allows you to modify it, the POST method can be replaced via the GET method. It can be done by following these quick steps.
Simply, replace the term POST from the URL to GET.
If you are using Google Chrome as the default browser, you might want to check out the other methods given below to solve the confirm form resubmission popup bug.
Method 2: Google Chrome Properties
To get rid of this annoying error, a fix is to do needful changes in the Google Chrome properties; this can be done by following the below steps.
- Tap on the Google Chrome desktop icon and then right click on it. Choose the option Properties option.
- A dialog box appears, you need to look for the field called “Target.”
- Enter the text “– disable-prompt-on-repost” at the end of the Target field. (without quotes)
- Now, after completing this step open the Google Chrome and check whether the same issue persists.
This is the easiest option to get rid of the confirm form resubmission pop-up.
Method 3: Disable Motion Near The Browser
This solution is another unique way to fix Confirm Form Resubmission Popup error which keeps popping up on Google Chrome. As you know, the failure usually occurs when the browser is unable to catch POST requests and again try to submit the form when you tap on the refresh button.
This error commonly occurs when you navigate front and back knowingly or unknowingly. It can be completely avoided by disabling the motion buttons of the Google chrome. If you are working on the touch screen devices, the issue of Confirm Form Resubmission Popup can be avoided by disabling the sliding option to navigate front and back. Once you disable this option even if you move forward or backward the popup dialog box won’t appear.
Method 4: Clear Browsing History
Another solution to fix the Confirm Form Resubmission Popup error is to clear all the browsing data regularly. You must always flush the browsing history, cookies, and cache and password details. Practice clearing Google chrome browsing data regularly to prevent the issue of Form Resubmission Popup.
This is mandatory because the browser keeps track of the information which you have stored previously hence duplication of data is possible. If you clear the browsing data, there are zero chances of data duplicity.
Cleaning of browsing data can be done by following the mentioned steps:
- Click on the Google Chrome desktop icon and right click on it and select the option open.
- Tap on the three dots located on the top right corner of Google chrome.
- Move to clear browsing data option under More Tools
- Move to the Advance Tab option and tick the data which you want to delete.
- Click on the Clear data button and your browser will permanently delete all the selected components.
Method 5: Reset Browsing Settings
The issue of Confirm Form Resubmission Popup dialog box can be solved by resetting the browser setting option. Here are the steps you need to follow to replicate these changes:
- Open the Google Chrome, tap on three vertical dots located at the top right corner and open Control Menu.
- Select the Settings button, scroll till the end and tap on Show Advanced Settings.
- Look for the Restore settings to their original defaults option and click on it.
Once you reset the option, you are good to go, the issue of Confirm Form Resubmission Popup will be fixed.
Method 6: Get Rid of Corrupted Extensions
A corrupted extension on Google Chrome can also be the reason of Confirm Form Resubmission Popup error. This can be easily fixed by navigating to the Extensions options and performing the below mentioned steps:
- Open Google Chrome, tap on the three-dot available on the top right corner
- Open More Tools and move to Extensions options.
- Click on the update button located at the top. This will update all the extensions installed on google chrome.
If an extension is damaged or out-dated, this might be causing the form re-submission issue. Updating the extensions should fix the issue!