There are a lot of people who are facing this issue. When they start the steam application, they receive an error which says: Failed to load steamui.dll and this is because the steamui.dll file which is essential for steam is creating problems. There are a lot of guides out there which will instruct you to download the dll files and this is not a good fix because there are loads of website which offer this dll file but they actually are malicious files which are used in order to gain access to your computing systems. Make sure that you do not download any of these files or your private information might be at a big risk.
You can simply fix this error by using the command prompt to register the dll file. You can also conduct a fresh installation of the steam software. We have compiled the best guide for you to solve the ‘Failed to load steamui.dll’ issue. There are a number of fixes which we have compiled and they work in a number of cases.
Different computers have different configurations and that is the reason that the core problems differ and there is a need for specific solutions to those specific core problems. That is the reason we urge you to try each and every fix listed here so that you won’t need to jump from one website to another in search of the fix specific for your configuration.
The steam application is used for purchasing games, softwares and listening to music. You can also browser the internet using the browser that is in built in the steam application.
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
Steps to fix the Failed to load steamui.dll error
Fix 1: Register DLL file
- Press the Start + X key in order to open up the command prompt using the administrative privileges
- Use the command which is stated below:
- regsvr32 steamui.dll
- regsvr32 steamui.dll
- Press Enter key.
- What this will do is register the dll file once more and make an entry which is fresh so that in case an entry is malfunctioning, this should fix it.
- Restart Steam and check if you are still being prompted with this error. This should be able to fix the Failed to load steamui.dll problem
If the Failed to load steamui.dll error still persists, make sure that you follow the next fix in order to find the root cause of this error.
Fix 2: Clear Cache
In some cases there are chances that the cache files are corrupted and due to that, they cause this error. To tackle this problem, we can delete all the cached files and try to start the application again. If the issue is the cache, then rest assured because these steps will surely make the error is fixed.
- Open the Steam application and open up the menu by clicking the steam link above on the navigation bar
- Click the button called Settings and select the Downloads option
- Click the button which is called the Clear download cache and then follow on screen instructions
- You might need your login credentials in order to clear the cache
- Restart your computer once all the work has been done
Fix 3: Reboot your Computer (safe mode)
- Boot the windows Operating System into the Safe mode and open up the steam directory in the program files folder
- Except the appdata file and the steam.exe executable file, delete everything that’s present there.
- Open the steam.exe file and all the necessary updates will be installed automatically from the official steam servers
- Once this is done, the ‘Failed to load steamui.dll’ error should go away
- In Case this does not work out, you can just install the steam app again in safe mode by downloading the setup file from the official website.
This is one of the best guides you can use if you want to fix the ‘Failed to load steamui.dll’ issue. Make sure that you follow each and every step which is listed under the fixes so that you can solve the problems without any additional ones. We hope that this guide helps you out. Good luck.