- 1 Steps to solve the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error
In this article, we will provide a fix for the ‘Error code 0x80070035. The network path was not found’ error and will make sure that our fixes work for each and everyone no matter what the core problem is. If you share a common connection, you will be able to share your files and folders on that network. You won’t even need to connect an ethernet wire in order to be able to share them. There are times when users try to host the network but get the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error message instead.
There are numerous reasons for this error to have happened. One of the reason might be that the third party security software which you are using is blocking the network. Another reason might be the firewall which is installed by default on the Microsoft Windows Computer.
Our experts have devised the perfect methods so that you will be able to solve the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error quickly and easily without jumping from one website to another.
Before following the fixes we mentioned, it is important to have a backup plan by creating a point in order to restore all the configuration. This can be done by using the Windows system restore functionality.
Steps to solve the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error
Fix 1: Disable the security software as well as the firewall.
- Open the Settings menu of your antivirus software and Disable it.
- Make sure you disable the antivirus program for a limited time so that it re activates after a point of time immediately.
- Now, see if you have successfully resolved the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error
- If it has not been resolved, press the Start + I keys and open the Control Panel
- Open up the System and Security settings and open up the Windows Firewall
- Switch the Firewall Off and reboot your computer
- Check if the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error is gone.
If the error still persists, make sure you enable your antivirus software and firewall again.
Fix 2: Remove Network Adapters
- Press the Start + R key and it will open up the Run dialog
- Type devmgmt.msc in the input box and press Enter or click the Ok button
- This should open up the Device Manager
- Access Network Adapters
- Expand view and click on the Show Hidden Devices option
- Uninstall all the hidden devices which are present
- After you uninstall all of the hidden devices, restart your computer
Fix 3: Enable Network Discovery option
- Use Start + I keys in order to open up the Control Panel
- Open up the Network and Internet Connections
- Open the link which says View Network Status and Tasks
- This will open up the Network and Sharing Center
- Click on the Change Advanced Sharing Settings link
- Enable the Network Discovery and save all the changes
- Restart your computer and check if the error is fixed
If this still does not fix the error use the next fix
Fix 4: Start NetBIOS over TCP/IP
- Open up the Run dialog using the Start + R key
- Type the command : ncpa.cpl and press the Enter key
- Right click the network connection which is being used in your computer
- Click Properties
- Select IPV4 and click on the Properties button
- Click on the Advanced button and click the WINS window
- Enable the radio button beside the Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP and Apply the changes
- After making sure that all the changes are properly applied, Restart your computer
Fix 5: Enter all the Credentials manually
- Press the Start + X buttons and open Control Panel
- Search for the term ‘Credential Manager’ in the search input box and open up the result
- Click on the link to the Windows Credentials
- Click the Add a Windows Credential button
- Type in the Username and Password of the machines connected to the network
- Do it on both the devices on the network
This should fix the ‘Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found’ error for you.
Make sure you follow each and every step mentioned in this guide so that your errors are fixed successfully. We hope that this guide helps you out. We have compiled each and everything required for the users to solve their errors in any situation. Good luck.