- 1 FIX err_connection_refused On Windows 10 
While accessing the internet in the system, you might have been seeing a webpage with a line ‘ err_connection_refused ’. This restricts you, and you become helpless because there is no exact information with you that how can you resolve the problem. Many people blame their operating system, Windows for this issue. This is not always your Windows fault to raise this trouble, sometimes the other issues are also involved here.
FIX err_connection_refused On Windows 10 
It is not as tough as you think to fix the issue. As there may be many sources that will cause the problem in your Windows 10 PC, as sometimes the browser, sometimes the network configuration and additionally, sometimes Windows or your security software. There are many ways to fix the issue, a few are breaking down here you just need to follow the steps consciously –
Fix 1: Use Command Prompt
To fix the err_connection_refuse issue, the command prompt is a powerful tool. Follow the steps below –
- Press Windows Key + X, choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the Win + X menu.
- Once the Command Prompt starts, type the following commands:
netsh int ip set DNS
netsh Winsock reset
- Close the Command Prompt after the execution of all commands.
Restart your PC to check whether the err_connection_refused problem is resolved, otherwise move for the next fix alternative.
Fix 2: Change DNS Server
The other option to fix this issue you need to switch to a different DNS, and you can do by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Network Connections option from the list.
- In Network Connections window, locate your connection and perform right click there and then choose Properties from the menu.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) there and click Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter 22.214.171.124 as the Preferred DNS server and 126.96.36.199 as Alternate DNS server. Instead of this, you can also use OpenDNS, you need to enter 188.8.131.52 as Preferred and 184.108.40.206 as Alternate DNS.
Now, you are done, click OK to save changes.
Fix 3: Disable Proxies
The proxy server is a way to protect your privacy online, but sometimes it interferes with the connection, follow the below steps –
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Select Network & Internet section and then choose Proxy.
- Now check for Automatically detect settings, Use setup script and Use a proxy server options are disabled.
- Now, turn off the proxy, check if the error is fixed.
Fix 4: Check Browser Settings
To check for this fix setting, follow the below steps –
- Press the Menu button in the top right corner and then select the Settings from the menu.
- Once the Settings tab opens navigate to Search section and then click to Manage search engines button.
- Set Google as a default search engine, if there are any other search engines that you don’t know, remove them.
Fix 5: Restart Router
The err_connection_refused issue may occur because of your router. Sometimes the problem can be fixed by pressing the power button of your router, this will off the router. Hold the button for 30 seconds to turn that off and then wait for it to turn on completely. This solves the issue in various cases. Check whether the problem is solved otherwise move to the next solution.
Fix 6: Reset Router
Sometimes, the router configuration interferes with the internet connection. Therefore, you need to reset your router and to do so, you should open your router’s configuration page and click the Reset option. Alternatively, you can also reset your router by pressing and holding the reset button of the device. Here, you need to make sure to configure the wireless connection again whenever you reset the router. This should fix the err_connection_refused issue on Windows 10.
Fix 7: Clear Browser’s Cache
To solve the raised error in your Windows 10 PC, you can go for clearing the browser’s cache. Follow the below steps –
- Click the Menu button in the top-right corner and then choose Settings.
- Once the Setting tab is opened, click on Show advanced settings.
- Navigate to Privacy section and then click Clear browsing data.
- Set Obliterate the following items from to the beginning of time.
- Check for all data and then click Clear browsing data.
- Wait for the process to complete; once the process is done, restart your browser.
Check whether the issue is resolved, otherwise move to the next solution.
Fix 8: Turn Off Windows Firewall
Firewall is important as it prevents so many issues to arise, but sometimes it also gets faulty to raise this error. In this concern, to turn off the Windows Firewall follow the below steps –
- Press Windows Key + S and then choose Windows Firewall from the appeared list.
- Select the ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off’ option from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)’ for both Private network settings and Public network settings.
- Now, click OK to save the changes.
This will restrict the Windows Firewall protection, which is not that much preferred for PC. Therefore, you may go for the next solution to fix the issue.
Fix 9: Disable Antivirus
An antivirus in a PC is really required as it protects you from the malicious users and software. But sometimes the err_connection_refused issue may rise by your installed antivirus. Therefore, you need to disable the same. Firstly you need to perform the same on a temporary basis and then check whether the issue is solved or not.
Here are a few techniques that will be very useful for you to solve the err_connection_refused error while loading a webpage. If you are panicking before disabling the antivirus permanently from your PC, then you must keep in mind as Windows 10 OS comes with Windows Defender that automatically restricts many troubles to enter in your PC. Thus, if you are a Windows 10 user, then you can go for this with zero doubts.