The Err_Connection_Closed in Chrome occurs because there are invalid configurations in your computer which are affecting the networking devices which are being used or causing the mismatch of the certificate. You will be denied access to most of the websites and this will limit your productivity. If you are facing this error, you are in the right place because we will help you solve the err_connection_closed in Chrome in no time.
We have compiled a full fledged guide in order to solve the err_connection_closed in Chrome easily. There are multiple fixes which are collected from multiple sources so that you do not need to manually jump from website to website in order to find the correct fix for the configuration which you use.
Different computers have different configurations and different configurations have different root problems. That is the reason, we recommend you to follow each and every fix so that you can find the root problem using the trial and error method.
Before you try and use the fixes which we have provided in here, make sure that you have taken these precautions:
- Delete all the extensions which you are not using or which are not fully trusted.
- Make sure to read the reviews of those extensions in order to find the real problem.
- Disable all the extensions which are necessary one by one to see if that solves the error.
- Make sure you check the firewall settings in order to be sure that the connections which are outgoing and incoming through the chrome browser are not blocked by the firewall.
- Check your network connection and make sure that you do not have any Virtual Private Network or proxy service going on.
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
How to Fix Err_Connection_Closed in Chrome Error
Fix 1 – Use Command Prompt
- Press the start + X keys in order to open up the command prompt using administrative privileges.
- Once the command prompt is opened up, use the commands which are listed below:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat –r
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- These commands will flush the dns as well as reset the ip settings so that if the issues are even remotely related to them ,this will solve them.
- Make sure that you reboot your computer after all the changes have been applied for the system wide effect to take place.
This should fix the ‘Fix Err_Connection_Closed in Chrome’ issue.
If the Err_Connection_Closed in Chrome still persists and you are unable to connect to the websites, make sure that you jump onto the next fix in order to find out the root cause for your system configuration.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser and click on the three dotted icon near the url address bar in order to open up the menu
- Click on the settings option and then click on the history tab
- Click on the option to clear all the browsing data and make sure that you select the option which says beginning of time.
The radio buttons next to the following things should be enabled :
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plugin data
- Cached images and files
- Autofill form data
You can confirm that you want to clear all the browsing data and wait for the process to be completed. Once you are sure that all the changes have been applied, you can close all the Windows and reboot your computer so that the changes take a system wide effect.
This should fix the Err_Connection_Closed in Chrome issue.
This is the best guide which you can use in order to fix the Err_Connection_Closed in Google Chrome. Just make sure that you follow all the steps which we have mentioned here so that this problem goes away. We hope that this guide helps you out. Good luck.