- 1 How to fix Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed Error
It is really easy to uninstall any program on Windows. All you have to do is use their Programs and Features utility. Correct?
But sometimes Windows will create a complication which is so bad that the user will not even be able to operate his computer for uninstalling any software. One of the hilarious and at the same time, outrageous error message which the Windows Program utility will demonstrate is ‘never completed the installation’ error. Like why the heck are you even displaying the thing in the installed programs in the first place if it was never even installed?. Another error statement is ‘Please wait until the program is uninstalled or changed’.
It might be urgent for you to uninstall a program but it will not because of these lame errors. We have therefore compiled a list of methods which have worked for different applications.
The Please wait until the program is uninstalled or changed error comes into existence because the Windows installer has a bug. It is already in use by something else. You won’t even be able to install an application on top of uninstalling. People have tried restarting their systems but that does not seem to work either.
There are programs created by malicious developers in order to use the installation service which is a system process..
This Please wait until the program is uninstalled or changed error might be due to an unwanted program which installed by exploiting your system’s security. You can try scanning your computer using an antivirus to remove those infectious processes. In case you scanned your computer and the issues still persists, please follow the complete guide which we have built for you in order to give you a sure shot way to eliminate this issue.
How to fix Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed Error
Fix 1: Restart your computer.
- Yes, in a lot of cases with Windows errors, this will be the first thing to do in order to try and solve the errors which you might have been facing. Sometimes, there are errors in the drivers which lead multiple applications to conflict with each other. The registry entries are accessed by multiple things which might cause an issue in their processing.
- Restarting your Windows Operating System will lead to close down all this havoc and help the drivers be reloaded. This time, all the processes which execute might go according to the plan and help you solve your error.
In case the above fix does not work for you, try the next methods mentioned below.
Fix 2: Try booting into safe mode and continue with the work
The unwanted service which is launching itself forcefully might be nothing but a hidden startup program. This means that the unwanted malicious program will only start when you are using the normal boot mode.
The safe mode will prevent the malicious program and other extra programs from running and thus, it will help you prevent the malicious program from ever starting again. This will lead to healthy Windows installer which is not in use by any other program.
- Press Start + I key in order to open Settings
- Click Recovery
- Select Restart now
- Select Safe Mode
Fix 3: Trying to restart the vital UI process in order to gain control
There might be problem with your UI file that is the explorer.exe file. You can simply go to the task manager to fix this issue.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc button in order to open up the Task Manager
- Find the process called Windows Explorer
- Right click that process and click the Restart button
Fix 4: The system Restore path.
This step will restore your Operating System to the point where it had no errors. That is the last healthy point.
- Open up the Start menu
- Search for the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel and click Recovery and System restore
- Select the point you think is the best and then move forward by following the instructions which are presented to you on the screen
Fix 5: Use a troubleshooter
- Search for Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in your Start menu
- If you cannot find one in your system, install it using the official Microsoft website
- Open it up and click the Next button
- Specify your problem using the multiple options
- Select the application which is causing the problems
- Now, you can simply uninstall that application
This guide is one of the best and the most comprehensive guide you will find on the internet. You can surely solve all your problems using this guide. Just make sure you follow all the steps mentioned in this guide and always download applications from their official websites which we have mentioned above so that your system doesn’t get infected. We hope this guide helps you fix the Please wait until the program is uninstalled or changed Error on Windows 10 and Windows 7. Good luck!