There have been instances where the users who want to connect the Bluetooth have been unable to do so because the option to do so is missing from the official Windows 10 Operating System. The thing is that if you want to access the Bluetooth power functionalities, the easiest way is to open up the settings menu and meddle the Bluetooth settings right there. All you need to do is navigate to the Devices option under the settings menu and click the Bluetooth and other Devices menu in order to toggle the Bluetooth settings so that you can enable as well as disable it. In case that functionality has been taken away from you and you cannot find a way to fix that issue, this is the right place because we will discuss how to find the root cause and tackle this problem by providing you with a good amount of fixes.
These are the error statements that might pop up on your screen:
- No option to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10
- Device does not have Bluetooth
- Bluetooth won’t turn on Windows 10
- No Bluetooth switch Windows 10
- Can’t turn on Bluetooth Windows 8
- Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10
- Bluetooth missing toggle in Windows 10
- No Bluetooth toggle in Windows 10
We have compiled all the fixes necessary to solve these errors so that you do not need to jump from one website to another in order to fetch the specific fix which might cure this issue. Every device has its own configuration and the root causes might be different for all of those devices. There is no global fix for this problem so make sure you follow each and every method that we state below in order to find the bulletproof way which works for you.
Also Read: How to Turn On Bluetooth on Windows 10
There have been instances where the users have cause irreversible damage to their systems. The damage is caused by the misconfiguration of certain files which are important to the operating system. Make sure you create a system restore point so that your system will be recoverable and you can go all out on all the fixes which are mentioned below.
2 Easy Fixes for Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10 error
Fix 1: Update the system drivers
There is a chance that the errors which you are facing are because of the Bluetooth driver misconfiguration or compatibility issue which is due to the driver being outdated.
- Press the Start + R buttons in order to open up the Run dialog. Type the command devmgmt.msc in the input field and press the Ok button.
- This should open a dialog named Device Manager.
- Click on the View option and check the Show Hidden Devices option
- Under Bluetooth, right click the driver named Bluetooth module or Bluetooth adapter and click on the option to Update the Driver
- Click on the option to Search for the Drivers Automatically. If the problem is not fixed using this method or the automatic driver finder does not work, move on to the next step
- Open up the same things and click the Update Driver option again but this time, select the Manual option in order to locate the driver
- Select the appropriate driver from the list and start the process.
- Make sure you reboot your computer after completing everything so that the changes take full effect.
- Once this is done, your issues should be gone.
If the ‘Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10’ issue still persists, make sure to move on to the next step so that you can find the core problem.
Fix 2: Use the device manager to manually enable the Bluetooth services
- Press the Start + R keys in order to open up the Run dialog
- Type the command devmgmt.msc in the input box and press the Enter key
- This should open up the Device Manager. Now under the Bluetooth option, find the Bluetooth device name which you are using and enable that device by right clicking and selecting the Enable option.
- Press the Start + I key in order to open up the windows settings and click the Devices button
- Now click on the Bluetooth and Other Devices and you will be able to find the option to toggle the Bluetooth there. You can toggle it to now switch on the Bluetooth functionality and connect devices.
- Reboot your computer after applying all the changes.
This should be able to fix the ‘Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10’ error.
We have provided a full fledged guide so that all the users can fix the ‘Option to turn Bluetooth on or off is missing from Windows 10’ error easily. Make sure that you follow all the steps under each and every fix so that there are no potholes left. We hope that this guide helps you solve your problems. Good luck.