Were you an Adventure Island Ninja? Were you happy helping Super Mario find his princess in your old-school days? Then you are certainly a fortunate 90’s Kid. Those were the times when NES, Nintendo Entertainment System had successfully made every kid joyous with super simple entertaining video games. However engaging present days games are with high-tech gaming techniques, given a choice, most of us will choose the NES games over present-day games. If you are going nostalgic over this topic and want to re-live the NES games today, we are here to help you with some of the Windows-compatible Best Nes Emulator that run the NES software to give you a nostalgic HDTV experience.
Emulators are software programs that help you run software that is designed for other platforms. NES was not initially configured to run on any of the present day operating software. Hence in order to enable your PCs to install the sentimental, yet delightful games from NES, we have to go for NES emulators.
Best Nes Emulator For Windows 7/10 
NES emulators for Windows enable you to play NES games on your Windows machine without compromising on any native features and experience of the game.
Below are some best nes emulator available online:
Nesbox / Universal emulators
Nesbox is one of the most popular best nes emulators available in the market. It is famously claimed as the most refined and latest emulator, that keeps compatible with recent Windows version updates, providing services accordingly.
- It is compatible with Windows 10.
- It allows the user to play either in the Nesbox website, hence on browser or the user can download UWP app and play on system.
- There is no lag in the loading and the user can play hassle free in both the apps.
- It is a Universal Emulator, which means it allows, NES (.nes), Sega (.gen .smd), Super Nintendo (.smc), GameBoy (.gb .gbc .gba) formats in the browser game.
- The game in the downloaded version doesn’t compromise on the sound quality and video quality.
FCEUX is the most efficient and favored one in the Nintendo community. It has a very easy-to-use installation and has many great features that attract the Nintendo addicts with real ease.
- It allows for video recording
- It has Mapmaking feature
- It provides full-screen mode and debugging capabilities
- It gives an adjustable resolution and customizable hex editor
- Provides gamepad support
- Allows third-party plugin installations and modifications.
- It has a hassle-free, simple user interface.
- It supports cross-platform installations on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture.
- Requires minimum 256Mb RAM and 64Mb GPU.
- Requires 5Mb free hard-disk space.
- Needs 1200MHz Central Processor.
- It has little obstinate saving mechanisms.
RetroArch is perhaps the most customizable and highly developed best nes emulator of NES. It has many features that satisfy the gaming fanatics who love to tweak around and bring the best game scenario to play.
- It has numerous customizable features to quench the gamers’ demands
- You can save and load the state anytime and get back to it later
- You can rewind the game in real-time.
- Record the Video
- Adjust settings to bring the video to best visuals and graphics to enhance the gaming experience
- Provides no lags.
- You can play online with your friends on Netplay.
- Because of many settings options, it is very complicated for beginners and novice players to use.
VirtualNES is one of the best programming excellence examples. It was developed for Windows and is not supported by developers since 2007. But still, it runs without any issue and provides a lot of sustainable features.
- Supports full-screen and TV mode
- Has cheat-code support
- Supports gamepad and joystick
- Provides editable memory hex locations.
- Easy installation
- Easy to use and highly customizable.
- Highly accurate
- No more community support in case of any help.
Use this simple & best NES emulator for a very, simple and elegant gaming experience.
Nestopia UE stands for Nestopia Undead Version. It was left orphan of its developer community support, after its release into the market. Nevertheless, it has un-official support from the external developer communities and the app runs super-fine without any major issues.
- Auto-saving capabilities and cheat-code support.
- Allows recording and Vsync capabilities
- Video capabilities customizable and provides full-screen mode.
- Supports external devices and multi-player capacities.
- Cross-platform compatible. Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- Provides easy installation, open-source environment and is lightweight.
- It shows some lag because of its Vsync options.
JNES is one of the simplest emulators available for NES. It has not many settings and less tweakings required to use, making it super easy even for a technology noob. This is what simply forced us to add it to this best NES emulator list.
- Ready-to-play state
- Easy installation and lightweight
- Screen size control and simple user interface.
- Instant state saving and recording capabilities.
- External support available.
- Free software.
- Game-Genie support.
Nintendulator is one of the preferred NES emulators. It is developed in C++ and hence provides best and clean features that are easy to use and easy to customize. It provides the best user experience with high-quality video and reduced lag effects.
- Developed in C++, providing a very cogent user experience
- It has built-in Game Genie support for auto play.
- It has built-in gamepad support.
- It provides the nostalgic NES experience through the features like soft reset and hard reset.
- It is available for free.
- Supports only Windows.
So, these were some of the best NES emulators designed to help you go back to your old-school days. Most of them have different compatibility features and varying customizable options that fit in your needs uniquely. From this list of best NES emulator, go for the one that keeps you pleased with the overall gaming experience and never hold the boat of compromise. Because, in the end, it is all worth the genuine happiness of playing hands-on NES!