APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screen error is a common error that you may find when installing a new hardware or software in your PC. These types of errors usually appear on the screen in various cases:
Sometimes it hits during the installation process when a windows operating system is running or when a windows driving system is loading or sometimes when windows are starting up or shutting down. You will always find this error when the system driver is not compatible or when the main drivers of the system such as audio, graphics get corrupted. There are numerous causes of having APC_INDEX_MISMATCH blue screen error that is mentioned below:
a) A very common cause of having this error in the system is when the device drivers are not rightly designed or when it is old or ruined.
b) Corruption in windows vault is another cause of this error. It occurs while installing or uninstalling an ongoing software program.
c) Windows system file or operating system when gets infected by the virus and malware can corrupt the windows and thus occurs this error.
d) It can also occur while installing any hardware is harmed or infected. It makes the whole windows operating system corrupt and the error appears.
e) APC_INDEX_MISMATCH STOP error can occur due to RAM defilement.
f) This error message can also generate in the case when the system database or keys are damaged or removed.
So, these are some of the causes that may lead to triggering of this error in windows 10 system due to a mismatch in the APC STATE INDEX or installation of any hardware or software that are infected. But you don’t need to stress about the issue. We have a solution for it. Before going to fix the bug, you first need to boot your system in a secure mode.
Methods To Fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue Screen Error
For that, we are discussing various fixes with a step to step guide that you need to follow if you want to get rid of this bug. Have a look:
Method 1: By reinstalling the graphics driver
- The very initial step to perform is to reach the dialogue box. You can run the dialogue box by pressing the following keys: press windows key + R key together at the same time
- Now, in the run box, you need to type devmgmt.msc. When you enter this text and tap on the enter button, the device manager will open.
- In the device manager, you will see various alternatives and you need to click on the ‘display adapters’ alternative to expand it.
- Following that, right click on the display adapter and an option of uninstalling it will show. You need to select uninstall.
- After that, a confirm device uninstall box will appear and it will ask your permission to delete the driver software. You need to press ‘OK’.
- Open the run dialogue box one more time and this time type ‘msconfig’ and press enter.
- There is the system configuration, click on the ‘boot’ pane. Uncheck the safe boot alternative and press ‘OK’ to confirm.
- When the procedure gets completed your system will restart normally and graphics will install itself automatically.
Method 2: Verify newly installed drivers
It can be possible that an outdated driver can be a cause of the bug. You can also settle the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error by verifying the drivers that you have newly installed in your PC. Therefore, ensure that all introduced new drivers are completely updated with the most recent refresh. To make your system fully updated, there are various steps that you need to perform to do the same:
- The first step is to go to the Cortana and type the text ‘devmgmt’. When you will do it, device manager will open and it will ask for the confirmation. Press the enter button to end.
- The next and important step is to reach the device manager. There you need to search for an ‘unknown device’ that is present there with a yellow color exclamation mark. If you found any such mark, then it’s a sign that you should update your drivers right away without any delay.
- Following that, right tap on the old or obsolete driver and pick the choice ‘update device software’.
- This procedure will consume some time. You need to wait in the time being and you will see your drivers are updated and installed.
Note: there is an alternative method to update the drivers. You can likewise update the drivers straightforwardly from the maker’s site.
Method 3: By making your system files error free
If you want to inquire whether your system file is free from error or not; you have to run the sfc/ scannow command. When you will run the command, it will discover those system files that are harmed or lost.
- The very first step you need to perform is to open the command prompt with administrator privileges.
- For that, search for cmd in start menu and right click on it and then click Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu.
- Now you have to type the text sfc/scannow and press enter key to complete the procedure.
This process will take a few minutes to complete. Wait until the process ends.
Method 4: By turning off Realtek HD audio manager from start
This error can be settled down by turning off Realtek HD audio manager from launching. There are numerous steps to do this:
- The very initial step to execute is to open the msconfig window. You can do it by pressing Windows key + R and then typing msconfig in the dialog box.
- Following that, in the msconfig window you need to go to the startup tab
- There a list of startup applications which will appear on the screen.
- In that list, search for the Realtek HD audio manager. Right click on the alternative and click on disable option.
- The last step is to exit from the msconfig window and reboot your computer.
Therefore, these are the fix methods to fix the bug of APC_INDEX_MISMATCH error.